Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to create semicircular revolve

dali1970

Hi all

i am new to proE..

I am not able to create a semicircular cross section using Revolvecommand. Actually I am not able to create the axis line for rotation for a semicircular pipe. Just like below...

plse any body can help ?

thanks for help in advance

Be sure to sketch a centerline, then right-click it choose 'Axis of Revolution':

(You could also use an existing axis instead of an internal axis.)
Complete the sketch and choose 180

Hi neuronex

Thank you very much..after following your steps, I have able to create the above shown semicicular tube.

Now, one more doubt..

HOW TO CREATE A HEXAGON in pro/E wildfire 2.0 ?

thanking you

A construction circle, construction lines, an arc, a few lines...
There are quite a few ways - and its really no different to any CAD package / using pencil & paper.

[Image from Wikipedia]

Edited by: neuronex

hi

once again thank you for your valuable input....i have learnt how to make a hexgon..actually i am in learning stage, so i even get difficullty in bascis also..

Please can you tell me how to draw a hexagonal nut... i have drawn the hexagon nut but when I chamfer it.. it does not turned out to be a nut..?

Thanking you

neuronex said:
A construction circle, construction lines, an arc, a few lines...
There are quite a few ways - and its really no different to any CAD package / using pencil & paper.

[Image from Wikipedia]

I usually draw hexagons starting from a circle, drawing a rough six segments polygon inside, and then forcing each segment to be equal length.

Paolo

If you draw 3 construction circles first you can exactly draw the hex with just one controlling dimension.

I have tried and seen several methods for creating a hexagon. This is the method that I have settled on.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
1. Draw a circle and change it to construction line.<O:p></O:p>
2. Sketch 6 lines tangent to the circle with the following requirements:<O:p></O:p>
a. All lines must be tangent.<O:p></O:p>
b. Top and bottom line must be horizontal.<O:p></O:p>
c. Vertices at points to the left and right must be constrained to the horizontal reference.<O:p></O:p>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Note 1: Sketch the lines to be close to the requirements listed above. If all are not tangent, or meet the other requirements, you can easilyfix this after you have sketched the hexagon.[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Note 2: All dimensions are weak. Constraints (other than the three requirements stated above) are also weak.[/I]

3. All sides of the desired hexagon are of equal length. Constrain lines to be of equal length.<O:p></O:p>
As you can see, the parameters horizontal, tangency, and the vertices constrained to the horizontal reference make the remaining two lines equal to the others.<O:p></O:p>
4. A dimension can then be added across any of the pairs of flats, eliminating a diameter dimension when showing dimensions.<O:p></O:p>
5. Test it by dragging any of the points, or the circle. You will see that everything is securely controlled to be a hexagon that is equilateraland symmetrical.
Edited by: willyt

I like this one. Tie all the line segments to a construction circle and add equal constraints. the angle dim is a bonus, but could be removed with one vertical or horizontal constraint.

I like this method. By adding the angular dimension, this allows orientation to be other than sides with vertical or horizontal constraints. One note: In comparing my methon and spidernate's, you can see that the construction circle can control the location of the sides by aligning all vertices or making all lines tangent. The dimension across the flats still controls the size.

Thanks for the info.

WillyT

You can use the sketcher pallet that has all kinds of predefined shapes. You can place these shapes and rotate/scale.

Jeff

amit2185 said:
just go through the basic tutorial i have uploaded and if u want other help then reply i will upload another related material

2009-11-04_011249_c03-proe-wf.zip

Hi Amit

Thank you for your mateial..i hve found it very useful..Actually myself is a self learner of PROE, so not much clear about bascis..

plse send me if you have any other materials.. will be thankful for you..

I have another doubt..

one rod is given..Larger diameter,D=10 mm and smaller diameter, d=5 mm, length L=30 and tapper is 1:30

pls can you tell me the process of tappering the rod ?

thanks once again

anup

willyt said:
I like this method. By adding the angular dimension, this allows orientation to be other than sides with vertical or horizontal constraints. One note: In comparing my methon and spidernate's, you can see that the construction circle can control the location of the sides by aligning all vertices or making all lines tangent. The dimension across the flats still controls the size.

Thanks for the info.

WillyT

thank you teaching another method of hexagonal drawing...

i like this also

anup

Where did you get the example for the rod? The above example doesn't work for the dimensions givenunless the smaller diameter is a hole in the shaft or am I missing something. For the example given above the 5 dimension should be 9 and the 5 dimension should be a hole through the shaft as I understand what's given.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back