Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to assign a Randum Drg Sheet Numbers

rp_h26

Hi Guy's please tell me how can I place the drawings in Randum Sheet Numbers without creating a blank sheets.

Ex: If I have Two parts and its Details in Two Different Sheets. Ok.

I like to place these two Drawing in Two randum sheet Numbers.

Likethe First one will be in sheet # 1 and second drawing will be in sheet # 4, witout creating 2 & 3 blank sheets.

I don't believe there is any way (nor do I understand the logic) to have random sheet numbers or to start at zero if you use Pro/E's sheet number parameters &current_sheet and &total_sheets. However, assuming you are using those parameters in your drawing format, you can replace them with any text string you want.

Hi Dr_gallup,

Thank you very much for your time.

I didn't find those two parameters. How can I set these two parameters.

Regards,

there is INSERT>SHARED DATA> FROM FILE...select the existing drawing to merge into that "package"...dont know if that helps.

rp_h26 said:
Hi Dr_gallup,

Thank you very much for your time.

I didn't find those two parameters. How can I set these two parameters.

Regards,
You can't set these, they are read only. Most people include them in tables in their drawing formats to automatically add & update drawing sheet numbers. Won't work for random numbers!

Hi rp_h26:

You might need to open a new assembly drawing packet, there you could insert several dwg. sheets and add overlay to the one you need with the dwg. format. But you can't avoid having blank sheets. I'll look to see if can number them randomly, just don't hold your breath.

Create a parameter called sheet_num and set it to whatever you want then use it in a note or in a table to show it on the drawing. The screen text at the bottom of the monitor will say sheet 2 but the face of the drawing will show sheet 4.

This seems an odd thing to need to do. If you have other sheets for other details simply merge them into this drawing as sheet 2 and 3.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back