Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to add parameters to an assy & all related part files.

salil

Hi all,

How to add parameters to an assy files & all Individual part files & Sub- Assy files?these are user Parameters e.g. DRAWN_DATE,DRAWN_BY_DES & mostly string parameters.Is there any option in Proe or I-link so that these params can be added with few Clicks without entering it to each & every comp. Individually ?

Regards,

Salil.

If you have the pro/e option of Advanced Assembly, you can make a layout with these parameters, and then declare the parameters and the layout

this may not apply to your situation, but you should start all your parts & assemblies with Start Parts & Start Assemblies. These are templates used to start new parts or assemblies. These templates contain all your parameters, default datums, coordinate systems, views, layers ect....

My start parts have the parameters in them so new parts get them automatically. I have a macro ADDP that adds all my parameters to an existing part. Have to do it for every part, don't know a way to automatically populate an assembly.

I think with layout you have to still manually add the parameters to every part, havn't tried that in a while.

Don't know of a way to do it automatically (perhaps ModelCheck?), but have you tried adding the parameters via the model tree (show columns) while in the assembly? It may be as quick as, or quicker than, running the macro.

Here User Parameters(Which I want to add to present models) is the only difference betn Proe default Start Part & My start part.

Now what needs to do to get tht?

Regards,

Salil.

Using a template trail file, a list of all models in a directory, and either a DOS batch file or MSWord's Mail Merge function, you can build a 'super' trail file that will open each model and add the appropriate parameters (and fill in the appropriate values if you wish).

Similar to this: http://www.cadjobs.net/trail-wizard.html

-Brian Adkins

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back