Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

hide "import feature id"

If anyone knows of a way to Save Status at assembly level and it will save the status of all component features (say I'm working in the assembly and toggle visibility of several component parts' datum planes, etc.), I'd love it.

jeff4136 said:
If anyone knows of a way to Save Status at assembly level and it will save the status of all component features (say I'm working in the assembly and toggle visibility of several component parts' datum planes, etc.), I'd love it.

It's the same method as described above, but you do need to save the assembly - which saves all of the changed models.

Thanks, Robert. Just to make sure we are on the same page; would you (or someone) be kind enough to:

_ Open asm0001.
_ Expand part001 in the model tree.
_ RMB, Hide the datum features in prt0001.
_ Save Status (RMB top level Hidden Items in layer tree, or (I use a mapkey for) View, Visibility, Save Status).
_ Save (asm0001).
_ Erase everything from memory.
_ Open asm0001.

What I'm seeing is: asm0001 is saved but part0001 isn't, so prt0001's layer status isn't being saved and the datum features will be visible again.

Is this is normal, a config thing, a build bug, ...?

2005-04-20_110511_WF2_save_status.zip

There are several config options that affect when a part gets saves. If you have SAVE_OBJECTS CHANGED set, I don't think Pro/E will considered the object changed if just the layer status is changed.

Thanks Dr. I hadn't looked at or set the save_objects variable. It does appear that the only way to get it to work is to set it to "all" which is undesirable.

Thinking about it; could be that's the way they intended things to work to get along with document management / revision tracking systems (don't want to bump a rev for layer visibility?).

I did discover that I can use Save, hit the Select button, then pick the part as long as save_objects is set to the default changed_and_specified. (This doesn't correlate with what Robert says above. Maybe he'll come back and explain.)

Thanks again.

Add a layer to your assembly with the same name as the the import features are on. Blank that layer, "Save Status",and your change is permanent in the assy. This is a good reason for using layering standards.
Edited by: donha

Sorry about my last post, I forgot that I have set up our assembly templateswith the same layer names as our part templates, as well as assembly specific layers, so when we change the status of one that is also at the part level, we end up saving the part as well.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back