Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

HELP!!!!!!!!

tinag

I have just seen the dreaded blue screen in windows!!! have restarted my pc but now i cannot retrieve the part which i was working on! The part is there but i keep getting the error message ( part........cannot be retrieved ). I know that the trail files produced by proe can be used to restore this kind of problem, but im not sure how to do it!!

Thankyou in advance to anyone who can help me!!

Tinag

See if you can find the prior version of the last file, the last file might be corrupted.

ex: 12345.prt.6 <----- corrupted file

12345.prt.5

12345.prt.4

as long as you save the file a few times and didn't purge you might be in luck.

To run the trail file open up the latest trail file in wordpad or notepad, take out the last 3 or 10 lines (area crashed).

Save the file to be anything except trail call it test.txt with no dot extension.

Start a new session of Pro/E, go into Utilities, Plat Trail File

The problem I always had with using the trail file was editing out the bad area. If you were going in and out of Pro/Edoing other work in other applications the trail would get screwed up.

Unfortunately there is only one version! it has been set up to delete all old versions when saved. :-(

Proe was the only program which has been running, so maybe the trail is OK. I just cant remember how to access it.

Read my previous post

To run the trail file open up the latest trail file in wordpad or notepad, take out the last 3 or 10 lines (area crashed).

Save the file to be anything except trail call it test.txt with no dot extension.

Start a new session of Pro/E, go into Utilities, Plat Trail File

OK! I deleted the text to a safe point ( before the crash ) and run it as you said. Proe went through what i had done within that session and then shut itself down! I reopened proe and tried to access the part but to no avail.

Have i deleted enough ?

Looks like the txt file is corrupt. Ive just checked other files created today and all of them are no good. Thanx anyway!

Looks like im startin from scratch !!

Ta!

You might want to delete alittle more.

What the trail file will do is repeat all the pics and movement you did to create the part, if it works successfully you should have the part on the screen.

I know. but i have looked at files which i produced or modified before the corrupt one and they are back to how they where yesterday. The error file created say's that line 608 of the trail file is out of sequence . When proe hits this line it just shuts down. Before line 608 includes proe startup, change of directory and the color change of the part. Everything after cannot be run!! It just shuts down.

Do you think it is possible to correct it or should i just start from scratch??

try setting the windows environment variable

continue_from_oos true

This should prevent Pro from crashing though it may not finish properly.

Also you need to make sure that your session set up is the same as it was when you were working, so datums displayed etc and if you ever clicked saved then you need to delete files with the same name in that directory.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back