Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help parasolid

rachel22

hi!

I'm an industrial designer andI would like to get some information about Parasolid to translate from UG to PRO ENGINEER also i would like to know how works this type of translator.
smiley1.gif

Pro/E uses the Granite One kernel. They do have a module that will allow you to open a UG file directly into Wildfire. It isn't cheap and it does require UG to be loaded on the workstation that is running Pro/E.

Another option is to export the file from UG/NX as either Parasolid or STEP and then open this file directly in Pro/E.

What CAD software do you have available to work with?

hi looslib!

The CAD software i have available to work with is UG/NX and PROE but i can't use the direct translation because i haven't got the license, so i prefer the second option. Also i have CATIA but this CAD doesn't work with parasolid.

i would like to know how can i see the parameters of parasolid in both programs and if i could set the tolerance values to obtain a successfully translation

Thank you very much

I can tell you that everytime I translate from Pro/E to UG I end up losing a lot of surfaces in the parasolid.

But when I translate the file via Step, I end up with the complete solid. So I use Step exclusively now.

hi mikeschn!

Thanks, but i have to do the translation with parasolid format, i have done with STEP and IGES and it works well, but now i need to do it with parasolidand i need some information about how it works.
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back