Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help on blends?

cncwhiz

I am creating a core modelfor a casting that we currently run. I am trying to create a protrusion/ blend to match the core that is currently being produced. I am trying to make this blend "solid" as that we have had problems in the past with surfaces whendoing external copy geoms? PTC has had the model that I am working onfor over a week. I think that there must be people out there that can help me to get this done. I have tried cuts but being that the part is drafted it is notworking. I am attaching a picture of the model where I need tocopy the core and a picture of the core as well.The area where the radius on the core meets the round is the problem area?

2005-03-11_122009_what-I-need-core.zip

2005-03-11_122034_what-I-have-core.zip

I am not sure to understand where is the problem.

The core is not complicated and despite what PTC or sombody else is saying should be done by surfacing.Surfacing is much more robust even in such cases of moderate complexiti as yours.You can always turn the surfaces into a solid in the end.Although the best way to me seems to be create closed quilt cop it into casting part and make the cut by using the quilt.I work with External Copy Geometries on daily basis and I have never experienced major problems.

Surfacing is not somthing I do much of. The geomerty that I have created is close to what I want. I'm just not sure how to get the radius on the bottom area. When I try to do this as a blend I run into a bunch of problems? How do you turn a surface into a solid?

Can you post two other orthogonal views and a 3d isometric view so tha t I cen clearly see what is the part looks like and I will model it quickly and post the file

If you look on the top picture. The the shiny area needs a round. Perhaps I should email you the model?

180 Degrees from this view below the boss if you look at the picture of the core you can see it. Is this a soild or a surface?

This is a olid, could be turned into a quilt by supressing the last feature.

For the rest I am sorry bit Idont understand what you want.All eges except 2 on the top of the boss are rounded.Downlowd one of the pictures put the marks in Power Point and upload it back.

Ok,

I made a picture in power point. The circle in the picture is where the round needs to be. You should be able to see that on the core. You must do a lot os advanced geometry, your model looks protty close. If I can get mine like that I would be a happy camper.

2005-03-11_171025_core_radius.zip

smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back