Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help needed creating surface

minicorrado

I have a part i'm re-modelingin pro e 2001, the part was created in solidworks.i don't know how to recreate one of the surfaces..it was created in solidworks by a face removal command...where by it just joins the surfaces either side of the face that was removed...the pdf shows the surface i am trying to create.2005-04-06_125548_grille.zip

thanks

Matt

Edited by: minicorrado

You might stand a better chance of getting some help if you'll post a model. I couldn't really tell much from looking at the pdf.

here is a zip file of what i have so far i'm tring to do half the grill then i'll mirror it.

as you can see i'm having trouble where the parabolic surface meets the surface i created..the design call for the parabolic feature to be visable..but not a hard edge...any ideas?

Matt

2005-04-07_160124_3374a103.prt.zip

or maybe this one?

2005-04-07_165719_3374a103_style_test2.prt.zip

again not full tangency.. but I dont really understand what yo uare looking for!
smiley5.gif

James

thanks james
smiley4.gif

on the right track...i was able to open it...close to what i want...but i don't want

the tangency...how do i do it in 2001?..i have the surface module

thanks again.....matt

build you curves and since you have style (isdx), create your surfces in that, I would probably do the chamfers after the model was built..

have you got the solid works model?

havent got Sw 2005, only 2004 :(

you can see if you have isdx (otherwise known as style) by simply clicking on help/technical support info,

a window then appears, scrool down to "Configured Option Modules"and this shows you what modules you have installed..

if you have ISDX you should see Interactive_Surface_Design

Hi minicorrado

why u making so hassles??? just go to boundry surface and make like this

Actually in wild fire 2 its extremely easy to create boundry surface even extreme complex but this could be created easily in 2001. Why you make it half and again mirror it???

ZakiView attachment 827

James,

I do not have interative surface
smiley11.gif

dave,

thank you very much
smiley4.gif
smiley32.gif

zaki,

i tried to do the part in one shot but i ended up with a ver bizarre surface as a result

thx

Matt

2005-04-10_134907_2005-04-10_3374a103_prt.zip

is there a way to flatten out the surface where the 2 curves that define the suface meet?

there is a raised peak origionating from the intersection of the two curves, i'd like to smooth it out

thx

Matt

p.s.

thanks Zaki, i tried your method aswell it is close to what im looking for, but daves method is closer,thanks again
smiley4.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back