Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Helical Sweep Dilemma

cdl1701

Ok, here is the problem..I am trying tomodel a section of a Waterslide curve that has a helix built into it. The curve Radius, and angle between both ends needs to be able to be controlled in a family table. For example: I need the slide section to have an arc radius of 298", the arc needs to be 90 degrees and have a total vertical drop between one end to the other of 24". This part will in turn be bolted to another part and then another to make the turns for the waterslide. Both ends of the part must be normal to the Trj through out the sweep.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I hope this is explanatory enough.. If anyone can give me some help on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Chris

I think this is what you want...

A variable section sweep using curve by equation create parameters for crv_rad and rot_ang. Create a curve by equation and use cylindrical coordinates.

r=crv_rad

theta=t*rot_ang

z=t*24

Create a VSS and use norm to traj. Pick the helx and select all. Sketch the x-section and you're done. Create a family table and include the parameters as variables.

c2004-10-06_153923_slide.prt.zip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back