Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Graphics Card

biff

I'm looking for a cheap suitable grapics card to run with pro/engineer.

It only needs to be able to handle parts and small assemblies.

Is the Gforce 4 range suitable for this?

I have used a Geforce 4 440 w/128 DDR with good results. And it's cheap...should be able to find one for less than $60.

Yes it is. When I upgraded to Wildfire I had to dump the ATI card and get a Nvidia to make things work. Also do a windows upgrade to support the Nvidia card and use the latest Nvidia driver.

jperkins

How much money are you looking to spend? You can get some of the lower model Wildcat and Quadro cards for pretty resonable prices. Our company for example has the VP560 for $159 but our graphics card selection is pretty limited, I'm sure if you shop around you can find an even better deal.

Rember that everyone's computer is not the same and I have seen some people have trouble with cards that others do not. There are just so many variables involved when dealing with PCs.

diffrent strokes for diffrent folks I guess

If the GeForce does the trick and gives you adiquite performace I'd say go for it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back