Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Getting rid of pink lines in dwg

harichennai

Hi all,

Iam using pro E 2001.

My model has many surfaces, so they are displayed in pink color in wireframe inthe model.

In drawing, I can only get rid of some of the pink lines by playing around with View disp > No hidden,QLT HLR, HIde Skel, TAN Dimmed, Drawing color..

This is the best set up(minimum pink lines) i could arrive at..

I dont want to show pink lines.How to do that?

Also, how to avoid some yellow lines(Open surfaces) in the drawing..

Hope I get some help

Thanks in Advance.

Hari Parthasarathy

Stupid question but do you need to show the surfaces for a geometric picture or outline?

If you don't then i suggest putting the surfaces on a layer in the part or drawing.

Hi Hari,

I understood your problem.you can do that with view display itself.if u want to hide some surface particularly you can go for member display also.

hi,

The drawing iam working on is for a part and so we cannot select member dispaly option.

Hi Motoroso,

Mine is a big part with lot of surfaces, so if i hide the surfaces by blanking it in layer, there is nothing left int he drawing to show..

I hope you guys understand..

Thanks

Hari Parthasarathy

"Mine is a big part with lot of surfaces, so if i hide the surfaces by blanking it in layer, there is nothing left int he drawing to show.."

I thought so, the only way thatI know of is to just solidify the part.

Good Luck

If the surfaces are all knitted up (meaning there are no yellow edges, everything should be purple), in Wildfireselect on the surfaces and select Edit, Solidify, in 2001 select Feature, Create, Protrusion, Use Quilt.

If there are yellow edges you will have to knit them up before you solidify the part.

No, its not a standard practice to show pink lines in drawing.because itself is an imaginary one we know.the surfaces if any should be solidified if we require.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back