Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Getting Back Default Layers in Partmodell

Add what default layers you want in config.pro

Example:
2:nd column is system deafult layers, 3:d is your prefered name of the layer

def_layer LAYER_AXIS AXIS
def_layer LAYER_CSYS CSYS
def_layer LAYER_CURVE CURVES
def_layer LAYER_DATUM DATUMS
def_layer LAYER_GEOM_FEAT GEOM_FEAT
def_layer LAYER_POINT POINTS
def_layer LAYER_QUILT QUILT
def_layer LAYER_ROUND_FEAT ROUNDS
def_layer LAYER_SURFACE SURFACES
def_layer LAYER_THREAD_FEAT THREADS

Your request doesn't explain your circumstances. There are several ways to create layers. I'm probably overlooking a few, but here are five.

1. <LI>Createtemplates (part, assembly, sheet metal, etc)and manually create the layers complete with rulesfor adding default entity types to the appropriate layers. This is time consuming andshould only be done when initially creating company standard modeling templates.</LI>
    <LI>Manually create the desired layers using the config.pro option shown above in ankarl's reply. This will create the layers if that entity type is created in the model. For example, if you create an axis, the axis layer will be created. If you never created an axis in your model, the axis layer won't be created. </LI>
    <LI>Layers from an existing model can be saved to a file and retrieved into another model. Automatically create the list from an existing model with layers by selecting "Settings > Setup File > Save. It will save them to a config.pro file for you. Alternatively you can import these layers by opening a config.pro file containing these layer options. You might want to name it layers.pro if you intend to use it this way. This option is great if you are only copying the layers from an existing template once or twice.</LI>
    <LI>ModelCHECK can be configured to verify and create if necessary the default layers. I use it to standardize models received from other sources outside my company. ModelCHECK isn't worth the configuration effort to modify one or two files. But it is definitely worth the effort when you receive several files every week.</LI>
    <LI>When importing IGES and STEP files, there is a config.pro option to use the default template model. Your template should already have your standard layers defined. Pro/ENGINEER will copy your company model template and insert the imported geometry at the end of the model tree. The option is "intf_in_use_template_models" yes/no.</LI>

Hope these options help.

Thanks mmead0ws

realy appreciate ur reply , as i want to know each & every possibilities to create default layers, as u mentioned.

thanks

sbpanda

mmead0ws said:
When importing IGES and STEP files, there is a config.pro option to use the default template model.Pro/ENGINEER will copy your company model template and insert the imported geometry at the end of the model tree. The option is "intf_in_use_template_models" yes/no.

Whooh! That is a nice tip!
smiley32.gif

And it works fine! Added it to our company config.pro. How many timesdidn't Itell my colleguesFIRST to create a part and THEN import the received geometry. No need for that any more now. Thanks!

smiley1.gif
Huug

but is not workin
smiley19.gif
g in 2001

Is
smiley19.gif
necesary to make
smiley19.gif
some imrovements

Anyway

good hint

smiley36.gif

Cristelino
Edited by: cristelino

Huug said:
Whooh! That is a nice tip!
smiley32.gif

And it works fine!

There was one problem with this option - When exporting data into a part with features already in it, you don't get the option to select a coordinate system.Pro/E just dumps the data onto your default csys.Ittook me awhile to figure out what was going on so proceed with caution.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back