Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Force Analysis Using Pro-Mechanism

Gajanan.lade

I am new to use pro-mechanisam, i have certain condition like first type of lever where i need to knowEffort required to liftknown mass at other end of hinge. i knowhow to calculate it theroticaly but i would like to simulate it in pro-mechanism.

So anybody can help meabout pro-mechanism process to calculate lifting Effort !

Force as such cannot be done in Mechanism Analysis. You
would need "Dynamic Analysis". However if simulation is
your criteria, for a first type of lever, you may graph
peripheral velocity. with a servomotor specified at the
fulcrum. Work done being same, the velocity graph and
arrows should do the trick.

Try it out.

Caution: Angular velocity being equal, Peripheral
Velocity at the point of application of Effort would be
more on the effort side !!! which should not be
misinterpreted.
Edited by: SRINIVASANIYER1

Thanks for your comment but my main intetion is to know effort, So if it not possible by pro-mechanism then is it possible to run dynamic analysis in pro-mechanic to know effort ?

Gajanan.lade said:
Thanks for your comment but my main intetion is to know effort, So if it not possible by pro-mechanism then is it possible to run dynamic analysis in pro-mechanic to know effort ?

You said that you know how to calculate it, so there is your answer.

Gajanan.lade, First, it is important to note that Pro/ENGINEER is offered with 2 types Pro/Mechanismlicense extensions. MDX and MDO. MDX is mechanism design extension licenseand deals mainly with just the motion itself (or kinematics) usually this is included as part of the basic/foundation license and allows you to establish connections between parts and to examine their motions only.

The other extension, MDO is mechanism dynamics option license. If you have a Mechanism Dynamics option license, you can study the effect that applied forces have on the motion of your mechanism. (Note: You must have a license for Mechanism Design in order to use Mechanism Dynamics option). Basically, this license just adds some more buttons/commands and various reporting tools to your MDX module so you can examine the stuff mentioned above.

The one you want in particularis MDO. As it will allow you to apply force or to calculate/examine existingmass affects have on your mechanism so as to determine workrequired, etc. Its a pretty neat package actually...I've used it successfullyto solve various robotic issues with good success but it requires some understanding/training to use it well.

On the menus pick HELP > TECHNICAL SUPPORT INFO > and scroll down to the 'CONFIGURED OPTIONS' section to see if you have a license of it or not. If you have both then it should read 'MECHANISM _DESIGN' and 'MECHANISM_DYNAMICS' if not then you may only have one (i.e. 'MECHANISM_DESIGN') listed. So basically speaking...you don't need Mechanica to do what you asked.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back