Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

flatten form

jamfu

I have a peculiar problem with the flatten form feature not working at all for a series of parts I modeled.Forming the part works just fine with the die I created, but when i go to use the flatten form the feature fails everytime. View attachment 4787

Could not construct feature geometry is the only failure message i get. any insight to solve this peoblem would be much appreciated.

<h2>How did you create this part? What feature(s) did you use?
</h2><h2>You may want to check if the geometry is "developable" by ProE. Check the Knowledge Base for the following document:
</h2><h2>"Suggested Technique for Determining if a Sheetmetal Surface
is Developable"
</h2>

i USED THE DIE FEATURE TO FORM THE PART. WHY PTC DID NOT THINK THIS THROUGH I HAVE NO IDEA. ONE WOULD THINK THAT IF THEY PUT THE FEATURE IN THERE , THEN PEOPLE WOULD USE IT.

I don't think they envisioned that you would use that feature in that way. Can you just make the feature with an unattached extrude (flange) feature? I am judging purely by the geometry you show in the picture.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back