Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

FIND DEVELOPMENT LENGTH FROM FORM FEATURE

SureshL

Hi I need solution.....!!!!
View attachment 4866

The above drawing is a reference for this topic. If we need to make the component by forming how can we calculate the size of blanking I mean need to find the development of the same. It is a revolved component.
I tried this in ProE by using Form --> Punch.
Practically the dimension will be decreased by forming operation but ProE shows the same dimension after forming. Then how can I get the development size. I have tried unbent also but its not working.

If any solution for this problem just clarify me.

Regards

L.Suresh
+91 9019740670
[email protected]

Edited by: SureshL

The stamping process stretches the metal in the artea where the it changes planes, so Pro/E (and most other CAd packagaes) cannot calculate the blank diameter. The design of the mold/die have a large influence on this. There are books available that will give formulas for calculating blank sizes.

Further to looslib, no CAD package can calculate since it depends on the design of the tools (clamping pressure, area of pressure etc), number of stages, material property etc.

You may have to look at some of the analysis software. Here you can take the help of a tool designer or from your own press shop.

hi Suresh,
smiley1.gif

Hereis the formula for calculating the BlankDiameter

2011-01-14_072303_Blank_Calculation.zip

Regards

Prasad

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back