Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

FEATURE VISIBILTY

ARUN KUMARM

HELLO PRO-E USERS
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif

IAM A REGULAR PRO-E USER

I FACE WITH A REGULAR PROBLEM WHILE USING PRO-E FILES
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

WHEN I OPEN THEPRO-E APPLICATION FOR THE 1ST TIMEAND IF I OPEN ANY PART OR ASSEMBLY FILE,

THE PRO-E PART OPENS WITH ALLTHE DATUMPLANES, CURVES AND AXISVISIBLE

ALSO THE HIDDENLAYERS ARE ALL VISIBLE BY DEFAULT
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

IF IT IS A SMALL PART IT IS OK WE CAN HIDEALL THE ITEMSMANUALLY

BUT SINCE I DEAL WITH COMPLICATED MODELS IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO HIDE ALL THE ITEMS

SO CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM

I NEED THE PRO-E PART FILES WITH ALL THE PLANES, AXIS, CURVES AND REQUIRED LAYERS AS HIDDEN WHILE OPENING IN A FRESH MODE

IT WILL BE VERY USEFUL IF ANYONE GIVES ME A SUITABLE SUGGESTION
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

M.ARUN KUMAR

We use the following mapkey which works great
for the upper level assemblies we create:

mapkey $F11 @MAPKEY_LABELAll Planes Layers Off;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `View`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `View.psh_view_lyrs`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `min_layers` `AssyTree`1 `node0:01_PLANES`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `min_layers` `AssyTree`2 `node0:01_PLANES` `node0:pLANES`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `min_layers` `MakeBlank`;~ Activate `min_layers` `RepaintBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `min_layers` `CloseBtn`;

Arun,

A long term solution is to have the datum layers created automatic in your startup part. Therefore, if you or other individual open the part the datums will be turn off.

Luis

Luis is right, I have my start parts automatically create layers so they can be turned off all at once, if needed.

swcalvert is correct. In config.pro: "axis_display no" "datum_display no" "datum_point_display no" "display_coordinate_sys no" "datum_point_tag_display no"

On the layer issue. I think you are confusing component display with layers. If you choose, "View > Layers" and have components of an assembly on a layer, you can blank these layers and select "Save Status" after making layers Shown/Blanked. The next time you call the assembly up in session, how you "Saved Status" will dictate how components are displayed.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back