Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

feature menu location in WF4

cloughna

When I boot up WF4, the feature menu (the one that is usually on the bottom and gives you options for whatever feature you are working on) is docked on the top.

Is there a setting to get it back to the bottom... where it belongs?

It's called the 'Dashboard' and they changed the default behavior for WF4, I believe.You can change it in your config.win settings under Tools -> customize screen.

Give it a try, however. This was one of the first things I changed in back WF1. I didn't like moving the mouse to the 4 corners of the screen to get things done, since the drop down menus and pop up dialogs are all at the top of the screen.

The only thing I'd suggest would be to move the model tree to the right of the screen so that the drop down menus on the left end of the dashboard don't block access to it.

Been working with those two mods for years.

Its much easier than that! Right click anywhere on the menus and left click command from the menu that pops out. Go to the last tab (options) and click the radio button for "Dashboard Position", "Below Graphics Area".

DVSUPS said:
Its much easier than that! Right click anywhere on the menus and left click command from the menu that pops out. Go to the last tab (options) and click the radio button for "Dashboard Position", "Below Graphics Area".

....and save it to your "config.win" so you dont have to do this every time you start pro/E.

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back