Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

FAMILY TABLE

Ringo

smiley5.gif

Can anyone explain me what exactly a nestedfamily table is??

an example will be more helpful

Some questions:

What is the maximum number of instances in a family table (please dont say infinity)

Nested table is where you add a family table to a part that is an instance of a family table. I personally find these very hard to work with but they are great for things like fasteners.

No idea on the limit on the number of instances but it must be pretty high. I would hate to work with any table that big.

Edited by: dr_gallup

I'v done as many instances as 3000, but they had lower level instances. By the way I really don't think proe puts a limit on how may instances you can create/have in a single table.

Omar

Ringo,

I'm curious, why don't you want the answer to be infinite when it comes to the number of instances?

Kev

Guys :

Thanks for your replies ...

I needone good answer for how many instances in a family table.

Is it related to the max rows in EXCEL??

smiley9.gif

Ringo,

There is no relationship to excel. I think what you are worrying about is that you could produce a matrix of instances that exceeds excel's 63 thousand whatever rows and I think it will

Kev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back