Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Family table column display in drawing

raghutelagadi

Hi Guys,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have created a family table for a part, for the same I need to create drawing showing parametric family table in the drawing also, but I don't want to show all the column which I have in family table that means I need to hide/remove few column in drawing alone.

In the attachment shown I want to remove column which are highlighted with red.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help/suggestion.

Raghu

View attachment 2626

Dear Deepak,

I tried to do as you explained, but it is giving the error message (You may not perform this action on a 2D region.), I think will work only for BOM.

-Raghu

Hi Deepak,

I am unable to download the zip file you had attached long ago. Can you help me find the file or share me the file if you have it with you.

Thanks,
Yogesh Dubhashi

Hi Guys,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have created a family table for a part, for the same I need to create drawing showing parametric family table in the drawing also, but I don't want to show all the column which I have in family table that means I need to hide/remove few column in drawing alone.

In the attachment shown I want to remove column which are highlighted with red.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help/suggestion.

Raghu

View attachment 2626

Under the Table Tab, select Repeat Region. Select "Filters" and your repeat region.

To exclusively filter to a single parameter (column) use:
&fam.inst.param.name == PARAM_NAME

To exclude a parameter (column) by filter use:
&fam.inst.param.name != PARAM_NAME

To get complete control over the column widths, I find it easiest to use several columns all with their own 1D (Simple) region and use exclusive filters for each region (one in each column). The filters will of course work on a 2D region as well.

You can also filter out instances
&fam.inst.name

or values
&fam.inst.param.value

"==" - equal to
"!=" - not equal to

Under the Table Tab, select Repeat Region. Select "Filters" and your repeat region.

To exclusively filter to a single parameter (column) use:
&fam.inst.param.name == PARAM_NAME

To exclude a parameter (column) by filter use:
&fam.inst.param.name != PARAM_NAME

To get complete control over the column widths, I find it easiest to use several columns all with their own 1D (Simple) region and use exclusive filters for each region (one in each column). The filters will of course work on a 2D region as well.

You can also filter out instances
&fam.inst.name

or values
&fam.inst.param.value

"==" - equal to
"!=" - not equal to

I just happen to be working on a family table part drawing that has several columns with individual 1D repeat regions. I'm trying to add another column with it's own 1D repeat region. However, Pro/E WF2 makes the new table column part of the repeat region of the column to the left. How can I do this? I don't want to make a whole new table.

I just happen to be working on a family table part drawing that has several columns with individual 1D repeat regions. I'm trying to add another column with it's own 1D repeat region. However, Pro/E WF2 makes the new table column part of the repeat region of the column to the left. How can I do this? I don't want to make a whole new table.

Unfortunately, Pro/E will stretch the repeat region in the first or last column. So, you add the column and delete the stretched repeat region in those 2 columns and create 2 new 1d regions, one in the old column and one in the new.

To manage that, I have saved a "standard" family table with 2d repeat regions already filtered to common parameters like (PART_NUMBER, DESCRIPTION, MATERIAL, FINISH etc.) and then the last column has a column with no repeat region in it at all. Then, I make this column very thin (1 character wide). So, when I have to add a column, I add a new column using the empty column. Then, I stretch the original column and add the new 1d region. Always keep an empty column available. If you are frequently adding this column to the left side of the table, then you may want to set this up with empty columns on the left and right sides.

I hope that helps.

Unfortunately, Pro/E will stretch the repeat region in the first or last column. So, you add the column and delete the stretched repeat region in those 2 columns and create 2 new 1d regions, one in the old column and one in the new.

To manage that, I have saved a "standard" family table with 2d repeat regions already filtered to common parameters like (PART_NUMBER, DESCRIPTION, MATERIAL, FINISH etc.) and then the last column has a column with no repeat region in it at all. Then, I make this column very thin (1 character wide). So, when I have to add a column, I add a new column using the empty column. Then, I stretch the original column and add the new 1d region. Always keep an empty column available. If you are frequently adding this column to the left side of the table, then you may want to set this up with empty columns on the left and right sides.

I hope that helps.

I find Pro/E will stretch the repeat region of any column, not just the first and last column. Seems like the only way to edit a table is to insert the column where you want it and then delete the stretched repeat region and make two new ones. It's really hard to see what was previously in a repeat region as the the symbols overlap each other when you do switch symbols making them illegible. Guess I need to make the columns 30 characters wide so I can see the old contents first. There ought to be an easier way!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back