Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Extrude cut problem

s_pme20

Can some 1 explain , why last cut is not possible in attached file part?..this is example only..but I have similar real situation.
It says: 'cut do not intersect part'..but i dont think so..
smiley2.gif

Resume last extrude cut..in part:

2011-09-20_120041_example.prt.1.zip

It appears to be an issue because you have a singularity where the side of the cut is aligned to the v-cut. I broke the alignment and nudged the cut over just a small amount and it regenerates. <tg>

Change the order in

Extrude 1

Extrude 3

Extrude 2

Then it works. The problem is that the extrude cut 3 is to close to the point of extrude 2.

But lets get real, how do you want to make this? It became 2 parts and the sharp edge with radius 0 is also a bit hard to produce.
Edited by: roblom

its a single part only...I have to give fillet afterwards with some radius...
this is just example i have created to show...real part is totally different..

Any how I managed it to get same result...
but I wonder y it doesnt cut through V-centre line...it has material to cut on rest of part..

Examining the model by highlighting items of the geometry might explain why ProE is having trouble. When you create Extrude 2 the way its defined in your file some of the edges that are part of Extrude 1 are converted to Extrude 2 edges. If you change the geometry of Extrude 1 or Extrude 2 so that the bottom surfaces are not co-planar the issue doesn't occur.

I would go so far to say it's a bug but bad geometry. As I've often been reminded just because you can create the geometry in CAD doesn't mean it's advisable, good geometry, or realistic from a manufacturing standpoint.

kdem said:
I would go so far to say it's a bug but bad geometry. As I've often been reminded just because you can create the geometry in CAD doesn't mean it's advisable, good geometry, or realistic from a manufacturing standpoint.

That's my point of view also.

That it works when you tilt is because than the 2 surfaces are not aligned and therefore pro/e does not try to merge it with the cut.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back