Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exporting Wavefront (*.obj) file

riteshkale

I am trying to export a Wavefront (*.obj) file for a part using Pro/Toolkit. I have looked through the documentation and there is no mention of this file type in the following functions:

- ProOutputFileWrite
- ProIntf3DFileWrite

Has anyone tried this before? Is this file type called by some other name in the documentation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Ritesh
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

hi ritesshale,

I don't know about pro/toolkit. But a part (or assembly for that matter) can be exported by doing:
->File->save a copy-> and selecting wavefront(.obj)

I did this yesterday with an assembly and it worked.

Hope this is helpful.

PS
(I am having some trouble with Blender as it imports everything into one mesh which is not quite what I want. I don't know yet if this is a pro-e or a blender problem, however I dont see any object names in the file so I am preliminarily blaming pro-e)

Thanks msmit, but the idea was to be able to automate the export of wavefront files using Pro/Toolkit. I had to finally resort to creating a macro (using mapkeys) and loading it through the code for the obj file export. Creating the macro was a little tricky because there are some selections and dialogs that have to be dealt with in order to export the obj file.< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back