Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exporting from ProE 2001 to Auto Cad 2004

Spot

When I save a drawing file in ProE in a DXF format and try to open the file in Auto Cad, the drawing loads fine at first, but the program will stall for around 3 seconds then present an error message INTERNAL ERROR: OCTTREE 2, and Auto Cad dies and asks me if I would like to report the error. I've read some posts about how display modes can play into the format translation (line types, hidden, wireframe...), and I've tried everything I've thought of :), but to no avail. Anybody know?

I've found that if I run the Audit command quick enough after the drawing initially loads, Autocad won't error out on me and the drawing loads and plots fine. Does anyone know if there is a command line audit program for Autocad so I don't have to try my reflexes everytime I load a new convert?

Thanks

Spot-

Can you share what you've learned about tailoring/correcting Pro/E 2001 to AutoCAD translation? We have a situation where hidden lines are turning into solid lines.

Tunalover

Tunalover - Exporting to DXF and auditing the file in AutoCad2004 is actually keeping the integrity of the line types. Again, running the audit command seems to fix the drawing before it crashes Autocad, and the hidden lines are assigned the hidden line type, and are also represented in a gray layer, just as they appear in ProE.

I've heard that newer versions of Autocad are more leniant with DXF interpretation, but I haven't experimented with that yet.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back