Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Explode views to simple entities

retrocrx

Is is possible to explode a drawing view that has been created into simple entities that can be made into a block?

I want to make blocks of mating assemblies to insert into an assembly drawing as ghost assemblies without having to make an actual 3Dassembly containing the desired sub-assemblies.

I know with other packages you can create a disassociated view or you can explode a view where theentitessimply becomelines and arenologer referencing the 3D model.

Is it possible to do this in Solidworks?

RETROCRX..

MOST ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. In order to achieve what you want to achieve,I believe that you will have to create a full assembly of all parts and sub assemblies. Once this is done, the views, exploded or not, can be exported as dxf files which will turn them into line art. This can then be converted into blocks. Note, these will NOT update. You might want to save off the sub assemblies and bring them in in a phantom line font, at least then you'd have associativity. Just a thought.

Good luck...
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back