Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Explanation of Datecodes Please

fiebigc

Can any please explain the Datecodes format. I understand that the higher the number the newer the release but what does the number relate to. Also I noticed most have a 'M' and the one I used to use had a datecode 'F000'. Thanks I just want to make sure I'm using the most stable and up to date software. Thanks.

Edited by: fiebigc

I think the M stands for maintenance customers and the number used to mean the day of the year it was released, now with 080 I would guess it would just be a series number.

PTC got a new strategy in showing builds or datecodes some years back.

F iskind of First release and M is maintenence.

Mxx is a serial number. If you want to see the "real" (old) datecode, you can open a model in a text editorand read the first line. It will say something like:

#UGC:2 PART 1368 660 0 1 1 15 2700 2006320 0000054e \

...where 2700 indicates the release (wildfire 3) and 2006320 is thedatecode. It says 2006320 and it means year 2006, week 32 and a serial number0.

The datecodes are planned well ahead of the actual release and it used to miss the correct weekdue to testing and solving problems. So I guess the Mxx series takes the pressure of PTC, they do not have torelease a certain datecode in the week the datecode says.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back