Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

error message while patterning

housta

Hello,

I am creating a part which is basically a revolved feature that is patterned 4 times around an axis. It works, no problem but when it regens I see this error "WARNING - REVOLVE_2 is entirely outside the model". The pattern works and I am able to continue working and finish the part. Mass properties does give me a mass, so it seems to be a solid. Anyone ever run into this and should I even care about this message. Long time IDEAS user, short time pro-e user. Thanks!!

Al

If the revolve and pattern is the first feature or if the revolve is created so that it does not intersect existing part geometry you will get this message. It's not telling you that there is an error but letting you know there may be a potential problem.

It's just telling you that the feature being created does not intersect the existing solid body. Normally parts consist of a single solid body, otherwise it is more than one part. Of course, it is possible that subsequent features will join the solid bodies. You can disregard the warning, Pro/E is not going to crash or anything. If you are really making 4 seperate solid bodies it is better practice to make just one and then pattern the part at the assembly level. The main difference will be in your BOM.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back