Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

erasing lines from a drawing view

SW

When using the command VIEWS > Disp Mode > Edge Disp > Erase line to erase lines from a drawing view, nothing happens, nor can I change individual line styles. The line highlights and when I select it and use the highlight mod command but its display status does not change.

I thought it might only change when I print, but this is not the case. I have also tried on both solid and surfaces edges (I would like to have control over both) but neither works.

Can anyone help?

Sam

You must be doing something wrong. When you select Erase Line, make sure you select the lines and hit Done Sel before you Highlight Mod.

(When using the command VIEWS > Disp Mode > Edge Disp > Erase line to erase lines from a drawing view, nothing happens) Sometime more than one line exist, so erase it several times. This is the case sometimes, hope it helps.

I still can't get it to work, I have tried erasing the same line several times: it is definitely selected and I am completing the command.

I have also tried selecting using a crossing box and have tried putting a selection window around the whole drawing, all the lines highlight but then just flash and stay visible after I have clicked Done Select. It doesn

Once in a while I cannot get a line to erase. Usually it is representing a small surface, or imported geometry. But this only happens to one or a few lines, the rest still work correctly.

Are you trying to erase a line in a detail view? If so this cannot be done. You must erase it from the main view as well.

Sometimes when there are multiple lines on top of each other you have to find what I would call the dominant line and erase it. Sounds strange I know. I have had drawings like this and is usually just a matter of finding the right line. You don't have to select all of the lines, just the dominant one.

I started experimenting using a new part and the erase command is working for solids but not for surfaces. I suppoes this explains it, but I still want to erase the lines on a drawing of a surface model. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for all your replies,

Sam

I could create a solid from the surface but the model is at the concept stage and it is not a instant operation to join a large number of quilts into one, then create the solid for each part in the assembly.

in the drawing clicl erase line and pick the line then u click your middle button then the line dissepears. that is it is deleted.

if u can visualise the line then too that means there is some problem save your dwg close and reopen it u can see the line gone but if it appears again chek the display wether u have placd it in wireframe or the place contain more lines.

ok

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back