Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

EPICYCLIC GEAR TRAIN

SRINIVASANIYER1

I have
smiley5.gif
been trying to design an epicyclic gear train. though the assembly has mated, I am confused as to how to give the connections. I am sucessful in defining a gear connection between the sun and the planet. However I am not able to define a gear connection between the planet and the Annulus.

yes,

files would be perfect. I have the same problem.
Designing gears and putting them together (working).
Result should work as a mechanism or an animation.

Greets

Strucky

Strucky,

give me your email address and I will send you my assembly of planetary gear system.

Israr

Hello everybody,

I have problem to upload file, but hereis short explanation about my solution of planet mechanism.

1. Make "sub"assembly and define gear connection between central gear (sun) and planet.

2. Make a assembly of ring gear (annulus) and subassembly created before. Here you could define gear connection between planet and gear. If you have more planets, one gear connection is enough.

3. Define servo motor, but be sure that youdefine the right pin. You have to use pin of first subassembly.

My solutionincludeassembly and subassembly. Every time when I tried to makeone assembly I had problem with the central gear.

So, any comments are appreciate. If someone want to see my assy, please send me your e-mail adress.

Best regards,

my email address is:

[email protected]

Please send me your assembly. By the way if you suppress all the features in model tree your assembly size will become too small and can be easily emailed.

Israr

Hello everybody !!!

smiley32.gif
I have got it!!!!! attaching herewith a RAR file showing the joint connections and the gear connection. The gears have not been shown with teeth but as cylindrical surfaces but with gear connection. The sun, Planet and Annulus are 20, 50 and 120 teeth respectively. The gearing ratio as per the analysis run is 7, which matches with the theoretical calculation.

2005-04-29_073317_FOR_MCAD.rar

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
(Three cheers to me...)

Thanks Jan21. I have assembled them differently without making a subassembly. I have spaced them deliberately so that the Joint axes are clearly visible and I do not make a mistake in selecting the right axis.

Hi all.. If you are looking for video file of Willson Planetary gear-box, you can find it over here
smiley2.gif

2005-12-29_063335_WILLSON.part1.rar

2005-12-29_063413_WILLSON.part2.rar

2005-12-29_063520_WILLSON.part3.rar

2005-12-29_063542_WILLSON.part4.rar

This is assembly of Willson only for visual understanding of Planetary gear-box.This is not real gear-box.When I created this assembly I used mechanismgear connections..I can sent here more pictures orvideos If you want..

Renderedpicture:

View attachment 1528
Edited by: Miko

Hi,

I just found this - have been trying to create a epicyclic geartrain for a while now. Please Jan21, or anyone who has the assembly and is still registered here, could you send the planetary gear train (as shown on page 1) to me please?

[email protected]

Thank you in advance

Guy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back