Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Email subscription

mgnt8

Howto subscribe to a daily index like we were able to do on the old proecentral? I'd rather not get an email everytime someone posts a message.

<DIV>You can subscribe to the updates in your account preferences. Click on theSettingsbutton at the top of the page. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The daily updates have not been sent out this week. I am working on a new format that works with this forum. I finished the rough layout last night and should have it back in action by Monday.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it - don't mean to bug you too much but still have a few questions on your new look - what is the meaning of an "Active Topic"? Is there a time limit or is it the last few that had posts to it? I'm trying to get a handle on this new website because it looks even better than before (although I can do without the emoticons - it reminds me of my 10 year old niece's IM's).

By default, the Active Topic shows you posts that have been made since your last login time. You can also see the latest posts by specifying a timeframe (i.e. posts from the last 8 hours).

I still don't see any index subscription selection, nor can you pick the general headers like "Pro/E Topics" or "Tips & Tricks". Am I missing something?

<DIV>To subscribe to a Forum Category: Select the forum category, and click "Watch this forum for new posts" at the bottom of the page.</DIV>
<DIV>
To subscribe to a Forum Topic: Select the topic of interest, and click "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom of the page.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>You can't subscribe to the general headers.</DIV>

Jason Turk,

You have created groups of users and the moderator group can modify, or delete a reply. I am concerned of the number of posts every participant makes and then gets the status accordingly e.g. a member with 100 replies becomes veteran. Look what I want to mention is there must be a qualitative check on the reply or posting. To be more specific how come a reply from an experienceduser like xcad be equal to a person who wants to learn or make his concept clear.

Anyhow it may be difficult for you to manage now but at some some stage later you should look to it. And another thing I wish; there must be a competition of say good replies,odd files sent between various groups and the one who is the best declared by moderator group should get a prize for his/her encouragement.

The amount of prizes be covered from the registrations( although now its free).

Thanks for patience.

Israr

Israr, Perhaps you shouldconcern yourselflesswith preserving your status and, like mcadcentral, more with helping out the Users. Personnally, even if someone asked 100 questions, I would think this would provide them more than enough knowledge to qualify as a Veteran or whatever they're calling them. How do you learn - (by asking questions?!?!?!)

Its this kind of attitude of stifling new Users and preserving individual status that has has hurt Pro/E in the last few years. I get emails and solicitations from Solidworks on a weekly basis and, with them, I find an attitude of inclusion and community that is seriously lacking with Pro/E. Its time to wake up or some day there won't be anyone using Pro/E except for you few privledged "Veterans".

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back