Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Edit definition

dr_gallup said:
Here is our old qq mapkey, anyone have one that works in WF?

Dr Gallup, we must have inherited our qq keys from the same source as you! I added this for WF:

mapkey q8 ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `ProCmdSketQuit.sket_r`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusIn `UI Message Dialog` `yes`;~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `yes`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `Odui_Dlg_01` `stdbtn_2`;~ FocusIn `UI Message Dialog` `yes`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `yes`;~ Enter `main_dlg_cur` `dashInst0.Quit`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `dashInst0.Quit`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusIn `UI Message Dialog` `yes`;~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `yes`;

& tagged it to the qq list - it gets you out of sketch mode.

Ed

I think Brian's idea of having Edit Sketch Definition in the RMB menu would be great. It would allow you to pick the feature on the model, then redefine the sketch. Sometimes if I only want to change a dimension I just use RMB, edit, and that is very handy and fast. But that doesn't help if you need to change the shape of a section.

Right now you have go through the dashboard or go find the feature in the model tree, expand it to show the sketch, left click on the section name, then right click and select Edit Definition. I personally like to keep the model tree minimized most of the time because it takes up so much space.

I would also like to go straight into the section on redefine instead of to the sketch plane orientation window.

Al

Here's a mapkey to go directly to the sketcher in an extruded feature. Select the feature first then choose this mapkey. Setting the config option 'sketcher_starts_in_2d' to NO reduces the time to enter the sketcher even further.

mapkey _editsketch @MAPKEY_NAMERedefines extruded sketcher\nChoose feature \
mapkey(continued) first;@MAPKEY_LABELRedefine extruded sketcher.;\
mapkey(continued) ~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree` `node0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`1 `PHTLeft.AssyTree`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Redefine`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `chkbn.extrev_1_placement.0`1 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `extrev_1_placement.0.0` `PH.section_select_list` `0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `extrev_1_placement.0.0` `PH.section_select_list` ``;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `extrev_1_placement.0.0` `PH.Sketch`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusIn `Odui_Dlg_01` `t1.PlnMru`;~ Activate `Odui_Dlg_01` `stdbtn_3`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `ProCmdEditOneByOne.sket_r`1;ByOne.sket_r`1;

Magnus

Can someone tell me why it is when I want to cancel out of sketcher I have to cancel out of what seems like a hundred windows. PITA

I also got tired of all the picking to get to the sketch. This Mapkey is for WF2 and works for revolve-, extrude- andsketch tool. It could probably be shorter but...<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

mapkey es @MAPKEY_NAMEedit sketch es;@MAPKEY_LABELedit sketch es;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back