Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing Parameters

mkzler

I have been learning a lot lately about creating formats and drawings, but there is one thing that I cannot figure out how to do.

I have created a parameter in the format ("REV") This parameter is referenced in three places on the form/drawing. When I create a drawing and reference the format, I am asked to input a value for parameter "REV". Fine, but I am asked for a value for each location where this parameter shows on the drawing (3 times). This creates a problem that each location of the "REV" parameter is independent. I could enter a value of 1.00 in one location, 2.00 in another location, etc. I would like each location of the parameter to display the same value. If I change one, I would like the others to change with it.

The other problem that I am having is that I would like to be able to change this value whenever I want on the drawing. But there is no parameter value that I am able change within the drawing.

Is it possible to do what I want to do? Maybe another way? I have been able to do this but only when I create the parameter within the drawing itself. I could save time if I was prompted for this value 1 time at the creation of the drawing...and still maintain the ability to edit that value in the future.

Thanks for the help.
<div id="ref"></div><div id="ref"></div>
<div id="ref"></div>< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>
Edited by: mkzler

I haven't tried putting the REV number in a format and don't know how you set it upso I can only guess what is happening. I think I would put the REV parameter in a drawing template.

I make the REV parameter in the model (part or assembly). Then in the drawing format in a table cell I put the text &REV. Pro/E automatically puts the model value of REV in the drawing.

Thanks for the tip dr gallup. I was hoping to be prompted for the REV at the creation of the drawing - like a start part. But I guess that is not possible. I will have to create a start part/assembly with the REV parameter. I tested this method and everything on the drawing works the way that I want it to now. Thanks again.< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

Although it doesn't ask for it automatically at creation the format for the note or table cell is similar if you create the REV parameter in the drawing or drawing template. The notetextbecomes &REV:D.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back