Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

draw and fill in drawing..

ksboo79

i'm wondering if i can draw things in a drawing and fill the space bounded by the lines i draw?? e.g. in mechanical drawings, we label dowel pin holes by drawing 2 lines perpendicular to each other through the center of the hole and fill 2 quarters of the hole like a BMW logo..

any help?? thanks..

Draw the sketched geometry you want to define the boundaries, select all the geometry and click on Edit Fill

Create what you want in the drawing. In order to crosshatch (fill) you will have to break the circle into 4 arcs and the lines into 4 entities (Pro/E needs seperate segments for each fill/hatching). After you have used Edit/Fill/Solid, choose Format/Symbol Gallery/Define, give your symbol a name, choose Copy Drawing, copy your geometry, choose placement types Free/Left Leader/Right Leader (something I just learned answering this, more than one placement type can be chosen), Variable - Drawing Units (symbol can be resized), Done and Write the symbol to your symbol directory. Now you can choose Insert/Symbol Instance for placing symbol on various drawings.

this may sound stupid but i'm not able to select mare than one entity at a time. is it any problem with my sketching? i'm sketching 2 lines and a curve to define the area i want to fill.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back