Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dissapearing models

HARMAN

Can anyone tell me what setting to change to stop my model flying off the screen or reorientating itself when i carry out commands. I have seen a thread somewhere which has this info but i can't find it.

Thanks

Except for Sketcher reorientation options I don't believe there are any. That's one of my pet peaves. About the best I can offer is; put a 'view previous' button on your toolbar (doesn't always work) or create a saved view that you can one button back to if you're working in tight on a detail.

May be it is because, you have created the modeltoo farfrom Coordinate system(generall happens when working in topdown approach). Model seems to disappear since the size of thefeatures createdis too small compared to area enclosed within the planes.

If you have problem particularlywhen you rotate your model, theissue is modelrotates with CSYS as the centre. for this your can keep spin centre display off and try

Thnx

-Rudresh

The coordinate system is within the body of the model, i have to do a refit screen sometimes just to find the model again.

Using wf3, don't remember it being so bad in wf2 though.

mapkey df @MAPKEY_LABELdefault view;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `View`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `View.OrientationCascadeBtn`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `View.OrientationCascadeBtn`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_view_default`;

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back