Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Disappearing lines....

red_devil

I have created a drawing view and removed the hidden lines. The problem I have is that some of the lines that should be shown are removed too.

Any ideas?

Jeff

A silly thing, really, but have you checked your drawing projections? 1st or 3rd angle would show different views...

Lesley

I do have my moments, but I'm not that silly :-D

The view is an isometric view and has not been projected from any other view. It is really annoying.

Jeff

Didn't mean to sound patronizing, but sometimes the simple solutions are the ones that get overlooked! For instance, see my thread on radius dimensions ... :) Duh! How silly did I feel?!!

Will have another think tomorrow at work.

Lesley

It is an assembly amd the view uses a simplified rep. I have another view which is exploded and the same simplified rep but the lines are visible. This is weird.

Lesley, I know you weren't being patronizing, I was having a laugh. :-D

Jeff

When Pro/E does not display the edges you would expect to see in an ISO view, components are interfering with each other and Pro/E simply does not know how to display edges in views. Unfortunately, the only way to fix it is to have non-interfering components, which may not be the design intent.

View attachment 371

Jeff,

I have had this a few times too on Pro/E 2000i2.

If you ask me, it is a plain bug in Pro/E...

Kind regards

Eddy

Aftering wasting several hours last week on this same problem I found the solution here.
Shocking to see that such an important bug still has not been resolved in WF4 M080, 10 years(!) after it has been known to exist
smiley7.gif
So there is -NO- way for me to display the drawing views of this assembly and the upper assemblies exactly the way I want them to. (/sarcasm on) Thank you PTC! (/sarcasm off.

I'm glad at least there is this great forum where you can always get real help and in most cases a decent solution to your problem
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back