Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimensions Nomial instead of Limits

JONGPC

When I select a feature in part mode and right click and select Modify, the dimensions display as Limitsinstead of Nominal. Is there a way to set the dimensions to display as Nominal??

I am using WF 1.0 build 2003410.

Thanks in advance for any sugestions!!

Jon

I have the same problem.Sometimes I receivemodels from my colleague. But the dimension display are limit. If there's any way to change all the dimension displayto be normal?

The only way I can do nowis to change the format one by one by using "modify-->dimcosmetics-->format".

I have to say that your suggestion did NOT work LAZAR. I found the option you mentioned and it was set to "limits". I changed it to "nominal" but can not get WF 1.0 to keep the setting. I even saved the settings to config.pro, exited and started PRO again. The setting goes back to "limits".

Any other suggestions??

JONGPC said:
I have to say that your suggestion did NOT work LAZAR. I found the option you mentioned and it was set to "limits". I changed it to "nominal" but can not get WF 1.0 to keep the setting. I even saved the settings to config.pro, exited and started PRO again. The setting goes back to "limits".

Any other suggestions??

maybe the config.pro you changed doesn't save in proe's startup directory or search path.

Some config.pro settings stay with the part/asm for life. From the Pro/E online manual:
Note: Groups brought in from other models carry the tolerance display mode that was in effect when they were created.
In other words. Once a part is created in Pro/E the tol_mode stays in effect for the life of the part. The only recourse is to manually change the tol type of each dimension.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back