Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimensioning a Hole from another Hole

swcalvert

When creating a hole, I've figured out how to drag the hole placement handles to edges and/or planes, but I haven't got them to snap to datum axis. Is this possible or am I doing it wrong?

Steve C

Yes I know that I could use Radial, but I really want vert and horz Linear placement from an axis. I do know that I can pause the dashboard and do two datums through the axis and parallel to a face, this just seems like a couple of steps that could be avoided if I could do Linear from an axis.

thanks for the reply,

Steve C

I'm using 2001 and I have no problem making a linear reference to a axis. I use it a lot when the holes are aligned (linear disance in one direction is zero). Use queary select and pick the axis. Then Pro/E prompts you for an edge to determine what direction to measure from the axis.

email me if it's not clear what I was trying to explain.

Bernie Hayden

XKL LLC

Thanks, Bernie, I'm new to Pro/E and I know that you can do this in 2001, but I was asking if it was possible in Wildfire.

Steve C

Ahh, playing around with our experi-Mental version of Wildfire I believe this functionality is yet missing from Wildfire. According to help Drag the hole reference handles to the appropriate reference elements (plane, surface, edge). no mention of being able to select an axis and I sure wasn't able to get that function to work.

Glad I'm not using it for production :+)

-Bernie-

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back