Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

DIMENSION

This is what I use for text in a box.

@[{20:B}@]

You will get a "B" in a box. I think the number is a proe thing...

You can add more than one:

@[{20:B}@]@[{21:A}@]@[{22:T}@]

that one gives you [A][T] (of course in a boxes not brackets :)

Thanks for the input Charles and moto. This is what my work around was for the box.

I would Create a view with a dim (length or diameter - depended which way i wanted to orient it). Then I would have to erase my witnessline and drag the dim where i wanted it leaving the drawing view outside of my layout, so it wouldn't print. Then display the dim as a Inpection (which creates a box around it) and change the dim to an @O and then whatever I wanted.

This should help me out considerebly, many thx

Omar

Also, an interesting way of using the box codeis to create gtols.

The datum was created seperately using the box code, @[-A-@]

This

2008-09-24_124144_untitled.JPG

Creates this

Edited by: jason_

hellomoto said:
This is what I use for text in a box.

@[{20:B}@]

You will get a "B" in a box. I think the number is a proe thing...

You can add more than one:

@[{20:B}@]@[{21:A}@]@[{22:T}@]

that one gives you [A][T] (of course in a boxes not brackets :)

Every time you see the curly braces, number, colon sequence {20:text}, it is Pro/E's way of breaking text strings into short segments with different formatting. If you want to change the height, font, etc. of a small string of text you can insert curly braces anywhere you want. The number is just an internally generated code Pro/E uses to keep track. If there is one string of text formatting you want to apply to other strings, just reuse the same number & Pro/E will copy the formatting.

[/QUOTE]

Every time you see the curly braces, number, colon sequence {20:text}, it is Pro/E's way of breaking text strings into short segments with different formatting....

[/QUOTE]

Do you mean like text size? How do you assign a text size to a set of curly braces? What is the command? Is that the only thing you meant when you said formatting?

Any tips would really help!

Thanks,

Omar

First you break the text up with the braces into sections. Then select the menu format/text style. Now you can select the individual sections of text that require formatting. Each section within the curly braces can have it's own format settings.

Instead of entering tolerance values can we use &tp1 &tm1as plus and minus tolerance values? i tried using them without @++ or @-- it shows correct values, but doesnot work with with @++ any fix? I also tried creating a parameter say p=tp1 and using this param with @++&p then also it dint work! can some body work on this this and tell all of us. Why I thought of using this is, when we change tol value for the dim the value entered here do not change dinamically.!!!

Vishal,

since you are showing a letter in place of a dim. I think you are creating a table drawing. If you wish to show the tol for each dims, you may consider showing tol value in the table column header.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back