Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dimension text

bruno

How can I change the text of a dimension without showing the real text. Lets say that instead of 3.250 I want it to show A

bruno

Hi,

I think if you click on a dimension and select properties from the menu, you can edit the dimension text substituting @O for @D-then type in your own value......or something like that.

Someone help me out here if I missed on this one.

JW

If you want to show 'real' dimensions, the method suggested by TTX will not work; it works with only 'created dimensions'.

Bruno,

Pls mention where you would like to change to be reflected; in the model or in the drawing. If you r trying to change the dimension in the model (for the purpose of writing relations with simpler text, for example) then you can first highlight the dimension by modify and then select dim cosmetics and then symbol. Just type in the symbol u like.

If u want this info to be shown on a drawing then it is a different procedure.

Pls confirm.

I only want the change to be seen on the drawing, not reflected in the model because I am using one drawing to represent different size. So the letter A sends to a dimensions list with the different models available.

Also, there seems to be different signs like @O, @D, etc. Is there a list or an explanation available for these signs.

Thanks

As far as I know, there are only those two: @D is the default and means the dimension text and if you change it to @O it will omit the dimension text.

In the model window go to modify/DimCosmetics/Symbol select the dimension. Then enter A or whatever you want it to show up as. Then in the drawing show the dimension, and modify the text from @D to @S. The S is for symbol! You will also see the symbol on the second line of your family tables. The only thing is each symbol has to be different (there can't be 2 A's)!

bruno,

My question is as yours,which use the same dimension symbol to express different dimensions. So i also use @O to replace @D.however,while i type @O Φ187

api303,

If the symbol pallate is unavailable to you hold CTRL and A. This switches your keyboard to symbol mode. Type SHIFT 3 for

Probably a stupid question for someone who has been drafting 8 years, but what does Φ mean anyway. I have never seen or used this symbol on a drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back