Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimension LInes for Holes

Amarkarthi

Hi Guys,

I'm using Wildfire 3.0 and is there any option to display dimension lines for Holes in a View like linear dimension lines. I mean the dimension lines should be displayed extending from the edges of the Hole's circle and i should represnt the dimensions over a Horizontal line intersecting the two extending lines.. Is there any way to do this without using the sketch tools?? Please help me out..

Yes. Simply select the two halves of the hole and use the tangential option when ProE asks about the 'arc pnt type'. It will ask you twice since there are two halves.

smiley17.gif
yes I agree with it.

I am lois from Toolingstar, a tool maker and a molder in China.

Email: [email protected]

MSN:p[email protected]

I'm with dross. Show the centerlines on the holes in the drawing view, then create the placement dimensions in the drawing. It's probably also possible to show the dimensions from the model that were used to place the holes, but that's more work and may not have the desired references.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back