Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Detailed view_name problem

chethango

Hi,

I have a problem here regarding the detailed view names.

problem description:

I have a huge model which has got around 3000 features, and i want tocreate a drawing for that. Since it is bigdrawing, i need to create various detailed views. I have kept on created detailed views like Detail A, Detail B,Detail C,Detail D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P........till Detail Z. All these names created by pro/e as default.

Once Detail Z is over, pro/e starts assigning name something like "Detail new_view_30", "Detail new_view_31",.........and so on. In such cases we have to rename this to something. Suppose if you rename these names to A or B or C.. which have been already exist, pro/e will accept it. so now drawing shall have different detailed views with same name!!!!!!!!!!!

So please advice is there any solution to the above problem, that is pro/e should not allow duplicate names..

Andalso according to ASME standard we should not use I & O for detailed view names, is there anyway we can restrain pro/e not assisgning I & O.

Hope you guys will give solution to the above problems.....ASAP.

Waiting for your reply..............................

Regards

chethan

Hey Chenthan,

Not sure if there is a setting to keep Pro/E from leting you dublicate view names. But according toASME Y14.3you should not be using I,O,Q,S,X and Z for your view names.

The same paragraph that excludes the use of letters above also specifies going to double digits when the alphabit is exhausted (DETAILY is followed by DETAIL AA, DETAIL AB, DETAIL AC, AD, AE, AF, etc).It is also permisable to use a combination of number and letters.

later Jim

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back