Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Density show in drawing notes.

1. Create Parameter MASS

2. Relationship MASS = mp_mass()

3. Setup>Density Give the part a density

4. Analysis>Model Analysis>Part Mass Properties

5. Regen the part from beginning using Utilities/Model Player (make sure Regen Features is chosen)

6. In the drawing: PART WEIGHT = &MASS

Follow steps 4 and 5 any time the part changes. Also choose View>Update>All Sheets after steps 4 and 5 if the model changes.

Don,

I believe you may have misunderstood what I was requesting.

If under Set-Up, Density...I input a density...I would like to set up a parameter (&density) to have the .prt density show up in the notes of my drawing. How do you set up a parameter to have the notes reflect the inputed value for density?

Thanks,

Paul...

Create a parameter called Density. Create a relationship Density=mp_density

Add &density to your drawing.

I have created a parameter called Density.

I have created a relation density=mp_density('')

I did put a note in the drawing Density=&density. It doesn't work.

If you are working in mm the &density will show up as 0.00. If you want the density to show up as comparative to water you will have density=mp_density()/2.204623E-06, assuming you are in mm. I am in 2001, so the variables for Wildfire may have changed?

BP,

I tried the relation density=pro_mp_density()[.4] That doesn't work either. Do you know a way to get the density to show up on the drawing?

What do you mean by make sure you change the format of the decimal? Is this what donha was refering to?

Paul...

Just because you wrote wrong the relation pin part. Use:

density = mp_density

and NOT

density = mp_density()

-Hora

Regen the part from the beginning to make sure all variables have been filled. Use the model player and regen from beginning with Regenerate Features selected. Also density=mp_density*2.204623E-06 to convert to specific density. If you are working in mm, your density will be .0000nnnn or something like that.

To all,

Hora's solution worked. The problem was I didn't have spaces on either side of the equal sign. However, additionally I ran Utilities and Model Player and marked the Regenerate Features. Changed two variable at once.

I'm sorry it was such a simple solution and didn't know to have spaces on either side of the equal sign.

Regards,

Paul...

Paul,

The spaces are making no difference in relations. I usually add them beacause is easier to read the code. The problem is the quotes and brackets. You don't need them as in the MASS relation.

Anyway sou solved your problem.

-Hora

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back