Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Delete incomplete cad files Windchill 9.1

emayl

Hi<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I'm having a problem checking in a new assembly.
I've didn't started the assemly from scratch but renamed an existing downloaded from pdm assembly.
Now I have 4 incomplete cad files that stop me from uploading all the new parts assemblies and drawings.
I've tried to delete(remove from workspace) the 4 incomplete cad files but in event manager I get the message that they are related to the assembly/drawing.
I've checked the model info and those parts are not referred as child anywhere (assembly nor drawing).
Could some one please help delete the files in order to upload the assembly?

Product: Windchill
PDMLink Release: 9.1
Datecode: M040

Thank you

Have you tried clicking on the "Auto resolve incomplete objects" button when you upload or checkin? I ran into the same problem when I saved a copy of an existing assembly from PDM and renamed it.

Yes I've tried but with no success.
However I didn't try to check in with the "incomplete cad
files" selected because I don't have "rights" to delete the
files after.

Edited by: emayl

Not sure what version of Pro you are using, but Google search turned up a hidden config.pro option <strong style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight: normal;">for WF4 cleanup_drawing_dependencies_yes. Restart Pro and bring up the drawing, [/b]you will be asked if you want to delete missing references. I haven't had a chance to try this yet.....so if it works let me know.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back