Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

default unit for density in pro/e

zahid_shanamo

Hi to everybody if pro/e forum.

Please let me know how the default unit of density in pro/e (TONNE/MM^3)can be changed to something more practical like KG/MM^3 or GM/CC^3 or like that for analysing the mass properties of a componet/assembly.

As in Metric or SI system,densities are in Kg/m^3,Gm/Cm^3 or like that.

Thanks & regards

Mohd zahid

Just set the config options:

Pro_unit_length = "unit_mm" - sets the default units for new objects.

Pro_unit_mass = "unit_kilogram" - sets the default units for mass for new objects.

After changing this, you should save this config.pro in your start up directory then only the changes will effects for new objects.

Asho Pulsar said:
After changing this, you should save this config.pro in your start up directory then only the changes will effects for new objects.
I can't find config.pro .
where is start up directory?
In C drive is two file.
\proeWildfire 4.0\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_param\config.pro
\proeWildfire 4.0\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_elev\config.pro
I change those files but Pro/engineer is not difference. inch and trimetric is default.

I find it:
smiley1.gif

Startup directory
- the <a style="background: transparent url(http://s.adbrite.com/mb/images/green-double-underline-006600.gif) repeat-x scroll center bottom; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(0, 102, 0); text-decoration: none; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous; margin-bottom: -2px; padding-bottom: 2px;" name="AdBriteInlineAd_current" id="AdBriteInlineAd_current" target="_top">current</a> or working directory when Pro/E <a style="background: transparent url(http://s.adbrite.com/mb/images/green-double-underline-006600.gif) repeat-x scroll center bottom; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(0, 102, 0); text-decoration: none; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous; margin-bottom: -2px; padding-bottom: 2px;" name="AdBriteInlineAd_starts" id="AdBriteInlineAd_starts" target="_top">starts</a> up. To find where this directory is, select File > Open and observe the directory name in the top box

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back