Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Default bend radius

MatthewJB19904

Here is what I am trying to do: When you make a flat wall, you get prompted for the inside bend radius. The options are thicknes/2, thickness*2, thickness or enter value. I want to be able to show thickness*.63 as an option. There is also a cell in the bend table that shows a default value of 1.25 (in ours anyway) which also shows up in the pull down. I tried to enter this formula in its place but I get an error.

The default parameter for the sheetmetal module provides some usability but since each wall created has its own id, I can't lock down a relation for them all. (too time consuming) The bend radius is not always the same but 90% of the time I can apply thickness*.63 for the inside bend radius. Just looking a for a way to be able select this little formula for a bend radius. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I added some relations to my start part.
For example:
cove=.63
qtr=.25
br=.03

I will then enter "cove" or "cove+smt_thickness" in the selection box. You'll be asked if you want to add the "entered text" as a feature relation. Just select yes.

WF3 M140

Will this work on a global level or is it just for a specific bend? If I understand correctly, this will be for that bend, and that bend alone. I need this "question" or formula to pop up for every bend added without having to add individual relations.

It is for that bend alone. If you use the Flange Wall and user defined sketch, it will apply only to the attachment edges. You will need to define any additional bends in the sketches individually. Also, if you need to change this you'll need to change the relations. Unfortunately this does create a relation for each and every bend. To keep relations from getting too complicated I create relations such as these in the feature itself. This makes it easier to find a particular relation by filtering to individual features and keeps the part relations shorter.

Hope this helps.
Rodney

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back