Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Default Assembly Accuracy

Den E

Greetings Gurus.

I have a problem.

Suppose I create an assemblydatum axis. The axis is constrained to the front and side assembly planes. The constraint values are xx.xxxx and xx.xxxx.

Now, when I go to the model tree, right click on the axis, and then click on edit, the constraint values are now xx.xx and xx.xx. The axis constraints mysteriously went from a (4) place dimension to a (2) place dimension. This is not acceptable. I looked through the config file and everything seems to be in order. I do not have a drawing in memory. I'm running WF2 on WinXP 64.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know if this will help. There are two types of accuracy. Absolute - which allows you set an exact value; or Relative - which is dependent on model size. To avoid conflicts, make sure all of your starts models or templates are using the same accuracy value. The assembly; part; sheetmetal and drawing start models all have to be using the same value. You might want to look into this. Oddly enough, I just got back from an annual pro/e user seminar this week and this was one of the topics of discussion.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back