Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

decimal places easter egg

whatttup_G

View attachment 5150maybe i missed training day, but this command seems to a bit over zealous with my decimal place

go change the significant digits on a dimension in drawing mode, and enjoy how that value carries back over into part mode,changing the system setting onhow dimensions work in sketcher...i thought it might be a bug, now i'm thinking its next genertation green thinking, because now i can design features that have no footprint!!

check out my super eco-friendly hole pattern above... three features, NO DRILLING!!!

algore eat your heart out!!

not sure what you're saying, but changing any dim in drawing mode jacks up your sketcher... pictured above is a random sketch i made in part mode, i was illustration how the decimal setting in drawings travels back in time to the models

i hope WF6 addresses all the disimprovements in WF5, however i dont have my hopes up... they already missed the first and biggest failure, and that is ditching this stupid new name

What I am saying is that the dimensions that you changed in drawing mode are driving, rather than driven dimensions. If you change decimal places in a driving dimension, whether in the drawing or the model, it changes the model, as you illustrated. Conversely, if you change decimal places in a driven dimension, it does not change the model.

This is not a bug, but is intended functionality.
Edited by: dross

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back