Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Datum ref position

Jacoolo

Hello

What are the possibilities while putting the datum ref in drawing. In most cases where the datum ref is placed on diameter dimension or cylindrical surface I create it as a axis through cylinder so it comes in the middle of model.

View attachment 2101

But than I can not put it on drawing on the view on this surface butonly on dimension. Is there something I missed or that is how it sould be done?

View attachment 2102

How do you get that type of "Datum Symbol"? I using Wildfire 1, and I get the [-A-] type of symbol only.

I suppose You are thinkin about name A_166

well if You make first an axis with default namein model and than Edit > Setup > Geom Tol > Set Datum Pro\E let You change name or leave it as it is

No, not the "tag", the symbol. The box with the inverted arrow. Like I said above, all I get is the [-A_166-] symbol with no arrow.

well what I can tell You, that it is not possible with Pro\e

we had to bought special add-on . It is named Paint:))))

ok, I hoped You know what I mean - this red arow I made in paint after print screen, if it is what you are asking for

In the "axis" box shown in you first post, there are 2 buttons. One is for normal, "no datum", and the second button has the "datum box with inverted arrow". I am using Wildfire 1, and the second button has only the "box with no arrow".

well, sh*t, I do not know

I have WF 2.0 M180 and this menu is available im model and in drawing with these two options

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back