Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Data Import Problems on Sheetmetal Parts

anandel

I am trying to import some sheetmetal parts(.stp) into Pro/E WF and I am supposed to make a flat blank. The parts have some gussets and forms on them and quite apparently they were done using solid modeling stuff (Header says UG NX2). Now, whenever the part has those forms and stuff, Pro/E invariably fails to convert them into sheemetal part and the only work-around I can figure is to delete those surfaces after importing and recreate plain surfaces and then turning into sheetmetal part. It really is a pain when you have a 'folderful' of such parts. Any better ideas.....please???

I have used Pro/Sheetmetal and exported it to other systems and the cavaet was I had to have reference geometry set in Pro/E before I exported it. Not sure if this is the same as your problem or not. You may also need the original forms, depending on how they were applied.

jperkins

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back