Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Custom views in Shop Doc

blmmdes

Hi all,

I am using NX4 and at present customising my shop doc. Is there any way to import the (saved) custom views to shop doc.I want two views in my shop doc to show position of my MCS in XY plane as well asXZ plane.

I used mom_setup_part_gif_file, and everytime its giving me the displayed screen view.

Thanks in advance

hi, sorry i cant help you

but maybe you cn help me i have ideas files that i need converted to iges can you help?

thks progmaster

Ananth, there is currently no function in Shop Docs to use the Saved Layouts.

What I recommend to my customers is to set up your view the way MOST of your paths will look good, run the shop doc, then setup your custom views, replay the cutter path, and Export a new image overwriting the image generated by the shop docs.

I've been nagging development for this ability, plus automatic view scaling, and image export with background control (like 'white background' in the Export function).

Be Well

Thanks Camdude for that reply. I think i have reached the right person in Siemens who will take this matter seriously.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back