Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Curvature constraint in sketcher

atalet

Hi

Is it possible to add curvature constraint in sketcher (not a datum curve). For example to add curvature constraint between a line and a spline? I have seen a pic from Jacek (see below) and there is a C constraint, which shows the curvature (I think). Or do we need ISDX?

P.S: I have been learning Pro/E since a couple of months and this is my first entry. I hope I can learn many from you and then convey my knowledge to other users
smiley2.gif

This doesn't work to set the curvature to be continuous between two splines. I add a radius dimension at the end of each spline and set the two to be equal. But there could be something I'm missing.

Sam

setting two splines to maintain curvature at transition point is not that easy in Sketcher.
smiley19.gif

Jeff introduced once or twice a method which involves relations. Unfortunately it looks it can`t be made another way.
smiley11.gif

muadib3d said:
setting two splines to maintain
curvature at transition point is not that easy in
Sketcher.
smiley19.gif
Jeff introduced once or twice a method
which involves relations. Unfortunately it looks it
can`t be made another way.
smiley11.gif

Here is a link to one of those:

http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?
TID=37362&PN=2

I studied those equations he used at lunch for a couple
days and couldn't figure out where they came from...did
you Jacek?

I just know how to use them. I haven`t gone so deep to "disassemble" spline algoritms into the details.

From my pespective they are fine, but "heavy" to be used often.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back