Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating Multiple Parameters

jruhnke

What is the easiest way to create a couple parameters in every component of an assembly?

I don't want to open every file if I don't have to.

In WF3 or newer, select the components, right click on one while they are selected and select Edit Parameters to add, delete, or modify parameters.

At or before WF4 datecode M070 you have to save components individually to save the parameter changes. That problem was fixed in later versions so that saving the top level assembly saves the parameter changes. PTC SPR 1800456

To select components use Edit/Find to search. Set Look for: Solid Model, Look by: Solid Model to search both parts and sub-assemblies. Use Attributes/Expression to search for missing parameters or specific parameter values.

Hope this is helpful.

As soon as I saw your solution I kicked myself. I never tried that functionality before but have seen the option.

Thank You very much it really works nice

View attachment 4938Best way I have found is to add the desired parameter(s) as a collumn(s) in the Model Tree. You can then see the parameters that are already defined for each component. Clicking into the space for the parameter will allow you to add any missing ones and also edit the ones that are already there.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back